15 mar 2011

Walking disaster

Well, I know I nay be late, but I was a little busy.
Today's entry will be about Japan, about the catastrophe. I'm sure all of you at least heard what happened.
If not, a few facts:

On friday 11th, at about 3pm there was an 9.0Mw earthquake with the epicenter at 130km off the coast and the earthquake created extremely destructive tsunami waves of up to 10 meters. Almost 600.000 people were evacuated and there are already 3373 deaths.

Then, when everybody thought nothing could go worse, the security of an affected nuclear power station began to fail. The water-cool-system they used to avoid a reactor's overheat got damages during the tsunami and a couple reactors exploded. (I'm not an engineer at all, but that's what I understood, hope there are no technical mistakes!)
The fact is that if they continue like that, without electricity to keep the nuclear power station and resources to improve the situation, a great disaster can take part. And I'm afraid we can't do nothing else but wait and try to save as many people as possible. We have to get ready for worse things.
Truly, what surprises me the most is that Japan, a worlds-top country, with the innovativest technology and the progress, couldn't win the battle against the nature, no one can. But they didn't just lose, they got massacred.
The question is... how would we end up if somthing like that happened to us?
I just think we wouldn't stand it. It would be our end.
So pray for this not happening!
And for Japan, pray for them. For the families that lost someone, for those who didn't lose a family member, but maybe his house and his job, and fot the ones who lost everything.

PD: I wanted to put some pics and videos, but my computer's giving problems, so when it works again, I'll put some!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario